~Recipe inspired from: A treasury of south African Indian delights~
- 1 litre milk
- 1 tin condensed milk (397g)
- 3/4 cup vermicelli (broken into small pieces)
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsps custard powder (flavour of your choice we used tropical)
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 415g fruit cocktail (drain syrup)
- Chopped nuts of your choice
- Recite Bismillah.
- Mix custard powder & cornflour with a splash of milk to form a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a pot bring the milk & vermicelli to a boil.
- Then add cream, condensed milk & custard powder mix.
- Allow to simmer till slightly thick & vermicelli is cooked.
- Then allow to cool. Add in tinned fruit.
- Pour into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped nuts! Refrigerate for a few hours.