~Recipe Credit: Umm Aa’ishah~
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 200ml grounded tin tomato
- Fresh coriander to garnish (chopped)
- Green chillies (ringed)
- 3 tbsps oil
- Few knobs of butter
- 1 chicken (cut according to preference)
- 1/2 green pepper (chunked) – optional
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Green chillies to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala powder
- 1 tsp peri peri spice (spice factory brand) – optional
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken in the listed ingredients for atleast 30 mins.
- In a pot cook the onions in butter & oil till pinkish in colour.
- Add the marinated chicken & cook till water burns.
- Add grounded tin tomato, 1/2 cup water & cook on low heat with the lid covered until the oil releases & chicken is fully cooked. If you would like the gravy to be thicker, cook for longer.
- Garnish with ringed chillies & fresh coriander.
- Serve with hot hot chapattis.
- Remember us in your duas & enjoy x