~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat~
- 1 1/2 cups rice (washed & soaked for 30 mins)
- 3 tsp salt
- 3/4 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsps oil
- Big knob of butter
- 1 1/2 cup mixed vegetable
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsps soya sauce
- 1 tsp msg
- 500g boneless chicken (cut into strips)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 small egg (beaten)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps oil
- Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli
- 1 green pepper (roughly cubed)
- 5 tbsps sugar
- 4 tbsps vinegar
- 2 tbsps corn flour
- 2 tbsps soya sauce
- Red chilli powder to taste
- 2-3 tbsps tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsps orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tbsps tomato puree
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken in salt & soy sauce for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile fill the pot with enough water to cover the rice.
- Add salt & allow to boil till full cooked (approx 8 mins)
- Cook onions in oil & butter till transparent.
- Then add mixed veg & cook till tender.
- Now add garlic, red chilli flakes & soy sauce. Cook for few mins.
- Add the rice & mix well.
- Then add the MSG, mix well & cook for few mins. Turn off heat.
- For the chicken mix together the corn flour, egg & water. Add to the chicken.
- Fry chicken in very hot oil for 3 1/2 mins or till chicken is fully cooked. Drain & set aside.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pot. Cook onions till transparent.
- Add the green chilli & green pepper & Cook for few mins.
- Now add the sauce & allow to simmer on low heat.
- Keep stirring till the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken & cook till thick. Serve with rice. Enjoy!