~Recipe Credit: Umm Aa’ishah
- 1 medium onion (finely cubed)
- A knob of butter
- 2-3 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 300g beef fillet (cubed)
- 1 medium potato (cubed)
- 1 carrot (finely cubed) or according to preference
- 3 tbsps grounded tin tomato
- Green chillies to taste
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 300ml boiling water
- 35g bisto gravy granules (We prefer the original red tin or the onion granules)
- 2 x ready rolled / blocked pastry
- beaten egg
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cook onions in oil & butter till transparent.
- Add garlic, beef, carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper, green chillies & tinned tomato. Cook for a few mins till the water burns away.
- Meanwhile in a mug, dissolve gravy granules in water till smooth.
- Add to the above & cook on low heat till beef & vegetables are tender. Add water if needed whilst cooking.
- Season & turn off heat. Allow to cool.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry into a oven proof dish.
- Poke a few holes using a fork. (If you are making mini pies, you can skip points 8-9 & bake the pies all at once or freeze).
- Preheat oven to 180c. Bake till golden.
- Pour the mixture over the baked pastry.
- Cover with another layer of puff pastry.
- Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake at 180c till golden or freeze & bake as needed.
- Remember us in your duas & Enjoy!
Tip 1: You can also fill small pasties / pies using this mixture which can be frozen & baked as needed.