The original schezwan chicken recipe is from Najeebas cuisine. Be sure to check out her Instagram for more delicious recipes! We omitted the curry leaves & served it with noodles & chips to make it into a sizzler.
Chicken marination :
- 500g boneless chicken (cut into strips)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsps meat tenderiser
- 3 tsps soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 tsps water
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- 5 tbsps oil
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup chilli sauce
- 2 tbsps schezwan chutney or to taste (we use the chings schezwan chutney- available in asian grocery stores)
- 2 tsps soy sauce or to taste
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp corn flour
- mixed peppers according to preference (chunked)
- Red onions according to preference (chunked)
- a handful of spring onions (ringed)
- sesame seeds to garnish
- 250g egg fried noodles
- soy sauce to taste
- schezwan chutney to taste
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken in the listed ingredients for at least half an hour.
- Fry on medium heat till golden. Drain & set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mixed peppers & onions. Cook till soft.
- Add garlic paste a braise for few seconds.
- Now add the tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, schezwan chutney, soy sauce, salt, pepper. Cook on low heat heat for few mins.
- Mix the cornflour in the water & add to the above. Add more water if needed.
- Add the chicken & spring onions & bring to a boil on low heat. Turn off heat. (Warm before serving)
- Boil the noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile fry some chips & season with salt & set aside.
- Once the noodles are boiled, add schezwan chutney & soy sauce to taste.
- Assemble your sizzler by making a layer with chips, followed by the noodles & then the schezwan chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Remember us in your duas & enjoy!