~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat~
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsps oil
- big knob of butter
- 3/4 cup mixed veg
- 2 tbsps spring onion (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp msg
- 200g frozen prawns (cooked & peeled)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- a squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsps oil
- 3 tbsps tin tomato (grounded)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- a squeeze of ketchup or chilli sauce (to taste)
- fresh coriander (chopped)
- less than 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Recite Bismillah.
- Soak rice for 30 mins.
- Place rice with salt in a pot & add enough water to cover the rice. Allow to boil till fully cooked. Drain rice & set aside.
- In a another pot cook onions in oil & butter till transparent.
- Then add mixed veg, garlic, red chilli flakes & soy sauce. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add boiled rice & msg. Mix. Season if needed.
- Fully defrost prawns & marinate in squeeze of lemon.
- Heat oil in a pot. Cook onions till they begin to go pinkish in colour.
- Add garlic, cook for few seconds & then add the remaining ingredients. Cook till oil releases.
- Add marinated prawns into the sauce & simmer for few seconds. Garnish with coriander & serve with fried rice.