~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat~
- 3 cups plain flour / strong white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 heaped tsps active yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsps yoghurt
- 1/4 pint warm milk
- water as needed
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a stand mixer add all the ingredients to make a soft dough. If you are kneading the dough by hand, knead for a good 10 mins till the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Cover the bowl & place in a warm place. (Preferably in a microwave or oven that is turned off).
- Allow to rise for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls.
- Roll into pitta bread shape (1/2 cm thick) & place them on a tea towel.
- Preheat grill to full temperature.
- Place the rolled out pitta bread on to a greased wired rack & cook in the grill until an air pocket balloons, then flip, and cook on the other side.
- Brush the tops with ghee.
- Cover baked pittas with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Serve with any dish of your choice! Remember us in your duas & enjoy!