~Recipe Credit: Yusuf Bobat~
The name piña colada (Spanish) literally means “strained pineapple”. It is a tropical classic consisting of pineapple juice, cream & coconut. Usually served with crushed ice & garnished with a wedge of pineapple.
- 500 ml pineapple juice
- 125 ml monin coconut syrup
- 3 big scoops of vanilla ice cream
- A handful of crushed ice
- 75 ml double cream
- 1 small pineapple tin (220g)
- 2 tsps double cream
- 2 tbsps freshly grated coconut
- Monin grenadine syrup.
- Recite Bismillah.
- Drizzle grenadine syrup on the sides of your milkshake glasses.
- Blend 2 pineapple rings, grated coconut & cream & set aside. The rest f the pineapple can be used for garnishing the glasses.
- Blend all the remaining ingredients in a liquidiser.
- Pour into milkshake glasses, add a dollop of the cream garnishing followed by a pineapple ring & serve! Enjoy!