~Recipe Credit: Cupcakesbyaisha. Her delicious take for the Nutella lovers on mummy Bobats Donuts~ (make sure you check out her Instagram!)
- 330ml lukewarm milk
- 2 1/2 tsps yeast
- 1 egg
- 6 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 oz salted butter
- 3 cups plain flour
- 450ml double cream
- 4 heaped tbsps Nutella
- 1 tbsp icing sugar (or to taste)
- Nutella as needed
- icing sugar to taste
- hazelnuts to decorate
- Recite Bismillah.
- Add yeast in milk & set aside for 5 minutes.
- Then add all the ingredients to a stand mixer to make a soft dough. If you are making the dough by hand knead for a good 10 mins till the sides of the bowl are clean. You may need more milk.
- Cover the bowl & place in a warm place. (Preferably in a microwave or an oven that is turned off)
- Allow to rise for 2 hours.
- Roll & cut using a doughnut cutter.
- Allow to rise for another 2 hours.
- Fry on medium-high heat.
- Prepare the filling by whisking the cream, Nutella & icing sugar till smooth.
- Make a hole in the doughnuts using a knife.
- Using a piping bag fill the doughnuts.
- Melt Nutella till smooth.
- Dip doughnuts & decorate with hazelnuts.