~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat~
- 1 small onion (finely sliced)
- 4 tbsps oil ( you may need more )
- 1 tsp ginger garlic (3/4 measuring tsp)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (3/4 measuring tsp)
- 3/4 tsp cumin powder (1/2 measuring tsp)
- 1 heaped tsp red chillies (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (half of a 1/4 measuring tsp)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsps grounded tomato (1/3 cup)
- 1 bunch methi bhaji (fenugreek leaves) de-stemmed & washed
- 1/4 cup tuvar (pigeon) peas
- 100g minced or finely cubed chicken
- 1 small potato (sliced / chopped) – optional
- Recite Bismillah.
- Fry onions in oil till they begin to turn pinkish in colour.
- Lower the heat then add ginger garlic.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chillies, turmeric & salt. Cook for a few seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients & cook on low heat stirring continuously so that the minced chicken does not go lumpy.
- Cook on low heat with lid closed till the vegetables are tender .
- Serve with hot chapatis! Remember us in your duas & enjoy!