~Recipe Credit: Halaal Recipes~
The original recipe consists of more tomato ketchup, however we decide to replace it with some Piri Piri sauce so it’s less sweet.
- 2 chickens (cut according to preference) OR 750g boneless (cut into strips)
- 3 tsps lemon juice
- 2 tsps vinegar
- 2 tsps black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup cornflower
- 1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup Piri Piri sauce ( we used M&S Piri Piri sauce)
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsps oil
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken in listed ingredients for a few hours.
- Prepare the sauce by heating oil in a saucepan.
- Add all the ingredients & bring to a boil. Allow to simmer for a few minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add the cornflour & egg to the chicken & combine well.
- Deep fry the coated chicken on medium heat & drain well.
- Add the chicken to the sauce & mix well.
- Place the chicken in an oven proof dish.
- Preheat oven to 180C 20 mins before serving.
- Bake till piping hot.
- Serve with chips.