~Recipe credit: Mummy Bobat~
- 1kg fresh garlic ( or amount of your choice)
- a drizzle of oil (this prevents it from going dark)
- enough water to make a thick paste
- Recite Bismillah
- Peel garlic.
- Grind in a chopper / food processor with a drizzle of oil & enough water until it forms a smooth paste
- You can store a little bit of fresh garlic paste in a air tight container in the fridge & extra can be frozen.
- Freeze it in a ice cube tray / a standard tray. Once frozen pull it out, let it sit at room temperature until you can cut through it, but it is still frozen.
- Cut desired sized cubes / remove from ice cube trays, place in a freezer bag & freeze! Use as needed!
- You may be able to buy vacuum packed, ready peeled garlic in your local Asian grocery store.
- If this is a bit overwhelming for you, especially for our revert sisters & those who are new to Indian cooking, your local grocery store should have frozen blocks of garlic paste. You can use that whilst you get comfortable in your kitchen. Nothing beats freshly grounded though! Once you get that hang of everything you can give it a go!