- 125 g salted butter NOT MARGARINE! (preferably left at room temperature overnight / few hours)
- 250 g icing sugar
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Tbsp milk ( if you feel it needs more add no more than 2 tbsps. We usually add one milk cap & it’s perfect!)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Beat butter till light & creamy. (It is preferable to use a stand mixer so that your arms do not get tired.)
- Gradually add in icing sugar, milk & zest and mix on high speed till fluffy and light in colour. (Remember the trick is to keep beating till you get a white soft & fluffy buttercream.)
- Dye using gel colour- optional ( We prefer sugar flair 🙂