- 2 0z dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup double cream
- Recite Bismillah
- Place water in a saucepan to boil.
- In a large bowl that will fit on top of the saucepan & not sink in,break the chocolate into chunks.
- Lower the heat completely & place bowl over the saucepan. Let the chocolate melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour cream into a separate saucepan & bring to a simmer.
- Add cream to the melted chocolate & combine using a whisk.
- Cool slightly before using.
- Pour into a piping bag, cut a small hole and drip!
- When using large quantities of chocolate we prefer melting the chocolate over water then adding it to cream when it comes to a boil
- Do not use the ganache straight away to drip, let it cool a little for a more precise drip.
- Test it out on the side of the bowl to see if it is the desired consistency.
- Although dark chocolate drips better than other chocolates, it tends to have a bitter taste and so it is best for small amounts of decoration. You wouldn’t cover an entire cake with it.