For 12 cupcakes
- 125g salted butter NOT MARGARINE! (preferably left at room temperature overnight / few hours)
- 250g icing sugar
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 25g Cocoa powder (we prefer bournville cocoa powder)
- Say Bismillah.
- Beat butter till light & creamy. This may take a while. (we recommend using a stand mixer so your arms do not get tired).
- Gradually add in icing sugar, mix on high speed till fluffy and light in colour. (Add no more than a tbsp of milk if you find it is difficult to beat)
- In a separate bowl combine boiling water and cocoa till it makes a thick paste and add to butter cream. Beat well & frost!