Fresh cream icing / topping / filling is basically double cream whipped! Here is our basic recipe that we use for icing & filling our cakes, topping our desserts & filling our eclairs, buns etc.
Be sure to use real cream! Products like Elmlea are not real cream, use the supermarket own brand double cream, that’s the real stuff! Free from preservatives & made with pure milk.
Below are the ingredients for both, decide for yourself.
Asda Double Cream:
- 300ml cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Recite Bismillah
- Combine ingredients in a bowl
- Whip by hand whisk or electric whisk until it just begins to hold it’s shape. You can check this by lifting some in the air with a spatula. It is ready when it no longer drops off the spatula. Watch the video below to achieve whipped cream with a perfect consistency for piping or coating a cake.
- To cover and fill cake you will need more depending on size & layers. This is just a basic recipe which you can double.
- For desserts in trays if you prefer a runnier consistency, whip till its thick but still pour-able.
- Whipped cream Icing / filling should be made fresh on the day of use.
- Store all bakes with fresh cream in the fridge.