~Recipe Credit: Zah Bobat~
The original recipe on BBC includes white bread. Here is our take with brioche bread & a few tips of our own. Perfect for breakfast or even dessert!
- 1 large egg
- 300ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 4 THICK slices (3cm) brioche bread (we use Sainsburys taste the difference)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Maple syrup / Belgian chocolate / Nutella / golden syrup
- strawberries / bananas
- ice cream
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, cinnamon& milk together.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture until its fully submerged for about 2-3 seconds. If you dip the bread for too long then it may become too soggy,
- In a large pan melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat & add two of the slices of bread.
- Cook until golden, then turn & cook the other side till golden.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 with the other two pieces of bread.
- Cut in half & serve with toppings of your choice.