- 150g cubed boneless chicken
- 300g pasta
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn (or to preference)
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed peppers (or to preference)
- 1/4 medium onion
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Philadelphia cheese/ single cream (optional)
- grated cheese
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cheese (or to preference)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Boil pasta in salted water & set aside. Tip- add a bit of oil so the pasta does not stick to the pot.
- Meanwhile Braise onions in oil until soft & transparent.
- Add garlic & mix.
- Then add the chicken & cook till water evaporates.
- Add black pepper, sweetcorn, peppers, mixed herbs, green chillies & salt. Mix & cook for a few minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Prepare white sauce by adding butter, flour & milk in another pot. Keep stirring, making sure there are no lumps. Bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat & season with pepper, salt & cheese.
- Add white sauce to chicken mixture. Add Philadelphia cheese/ cream if you wish too.
- Add pasta to the mixture & combine well.
- Lay in a oven proof dish, sprinkle cheese & oregano. (Optional)
- Just before serving preheat oven to 180c & bake till cheese melts. (Optional)
- If you would like the pasta to remain saucy add the pasta to the white sauce just before putting it in the oven.
- When reheating the pasta, add the pasta with a splash of milk & reheat on low heat. This will allow all the white sauce to release!