~Recipe credit: Umme Aa’ishah ~
- 1 medium onion (finely cubed)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 carrots (finely cubed)
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 250g minced beef
- 2 tbsps tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 300ml boiling water
- 20g bisto gravy granules
- 10g vegetable stock cube
- 750g potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 3 tbsps milk / cream
- 60g Butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cook carrots & onions in oil till soft & transparent.
- Meanwhile in a bowl or jug combine the boiling water, gravy & vegetable stock till smooth and lump free.
- Once the onions are soft add the ginger garlic & minced beef, stirring continuously for a minute or two. This will prevent it from becoming lumpy.
- Now add in the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper & gravy.
- Bring to a simmer & then cook on low heat with lid closed for 40 mins or till beef is fully cooked. Season with salt & pepper.
- Prepare the mash by boiling the potato in salted water till tender.
- Drain the potatoes & mash together with milk & butter. Season with salt & pepper & set aside.
- Allow mince to cool then place it in a ovenproof dish.
- Then sprinkle some cheese.
- Layer the mash potato & sprinkle some parsley. If you’re a cheese lover you may also add another layer of cheese!
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes till the top starts to brown. Serve immediately! Enjoy!