- Ready made short crust pastry x 1
Chicken filling: (Optional)
- 1 cup cubed chicken fillet
- 1 tsp ground green chillies
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2-1 cup mixed peppers (finely chopped)
- 200g tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3 green chillies (ringed)
Fresh Cream Mixture:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 250 ml double cream
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Recite Bismillah
- Process flour, butter, salt & lemon juice.
- Add enough water to make soft dough.
- Pat the dough into a greased quiche pan.
- Blind bake at 180c. Allow to cool.
- Combine filling ingredients & cook till chicken is tender. Leave to cool.
- Saute onions, peppers, green chillies ringed in a frying pan for few mins.
- Add garlic & tomatoes. Cook till water burns.
- For the fresh cream mixture beat the eggs, add the coriander, cheese, fresh cream, salt, pepper & green chillies.
- Mixed cooked chicken with veg mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then mix with fresh cream mixture & pour over pastry.
- Sprinkle grated cheese & parsley.
- Bake at 180c until light gold.