Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat
- 700g boneless chicken (finely cubed)
- 500g potatoes (finely cubed)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- Knob of butter
- 1 cup spring onions (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Green chillies to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tsps cornflour
- 375g x 4 ready rolled puff pastry ( we use the asda own brand)
- 1 beaten egg
- Recite Bismillah.
- Braise onions in butter until transparent.
- Add potatoes & cook on high heat for 5 mins.
- Add chicken spring onions, green chillies, salt & pepper.
- Cook till water evaporates on medium heat.
- Mix together the milk & corn flour & then add to the above mixture. Season if needed.
- Cut each sheet into 3 as shown below.
- Place the filling along the centre.
- Slit the edges as shown below.
- Start by ” criss crossing ” each end.
- Then from one end “criss cross” or plait all the way down.
- Cut each pie in half & brush with beaten egg.
- Freeze & bake as needed on 180c till golden. Enjoy!
Tip: If you are using block puff pastry, cut the pastry into equal desired size blocks. Roll them out into rectangles, place your filling & plait!
2 thoughts on “Plaited Pies / Pasties”