~Recipe Credit: Umm Hamza~
- ready rolled/ block pastry x3
- 500g boneless chicken (finely cubed)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp green chillies (or to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 1/2 cup mixed peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 280g Philadelphia cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese to preference
- 1 beaten egg
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cook the chicken in salt, pepper, garlic & green chillies till it is half cooked on low heat. (About 7 mins)
- Then add the sweetcorn & mixed pepper.
- Cook till on high heat till water evaporates.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add the Philadelphia cheese.
- Cool completely.
- Add grated cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture & combine well.
- Refrigerate over night or for a few hours, this allows the Philadelphia cheese to set, making it easy to fill the pies.
- Fill pies & brush the tops with beaten egg. Freeze.
- Bake at 180c for 15- 20 mins or till golden as needed.
Tip: If you run out of Philadelphia cheese, you can always add cream!