- 2 large potatoes (chopped)
- 2 1/2 small carrots (chopped)
- 1/2 a cauliflower (chopped)
- 3/4 cup peas
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic
- 1 small green pepper (chopped)
- 5 green chillies (ringed)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 heaped tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Pav bhaji masala to taste (available in Indian grocery shops)
- Red colouring (optional- if you want to achieve the Indian street food look)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Buns (halved)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Boil the vegetables with salt & turmeric till soft & mushy.
- Braise onion in butter & oil till transparent.
- Then add ginger garlic & cook for a minute.
- Next add the green pepper & green chillies. Cook for a few mins.
- Then add the tomatoes, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder & salt. Cook till oil separates.
- Now add the pav bhaji masala & boiled veg with its water. Allow the water to burn away on high heat.
- Then Mash it up using a potato masher & add red colouring (optional). Turn off heat.
- Prepare the pav by buttering them.
- Then place them buttered side down on a flat skillet.
- Toast until golden.
- Serve with a knob of butter, coriander & a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!