~Recipe Credit: Umm Aa’ishah~
- 250g (cubed chicken)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsps oil or as needed
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Green chillies to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mixed peppers (or according to preference)
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn (or according to preference)
- 350g tomato chilli pasta sauce (we use the Napolina brand)
- 250g pasta
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Double cream (you can add this according to preference instead of making white sauce)
- 25g butter
- 1 1/2 tbsps plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- Recite Bismillah.
- Braise onions in oil till transparent.
- Add chicken, garlic, green chillies, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, paprika powder, mixed herbs, salt & pepper. Cook on medium heat,
- Once the water has evaporated, add the peppers, sweetcorn,& pasta sauce. Cook on low heat till oil releases. Season if needed. Set aside
- Boil pasta in salted water & set aside. Tip- add a bit of oil so the pasta does not stick to the pot.
- Meanwhile prepare the white sauce by adding butter, flour & milk to pot. Boil till slightly thick stirring continuously to prevent any lumps. Add cheese & season with salt & pepper.
- Add the white sauce to the red sauce, season & add cheddar cheese according to preference. Add the boiled pasta, combine well. The pasta is ready to be served.
- If you wish to turn it into a extra cheesy pasta bake, place the pasta in a oven proof dish, followed by a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake for 30 mins or till cheese is golden. Remember us in your duas & Enjoy!