~Recipe Credit: Haloodie Foodie ~
(Check out his instagram for more recipes)
- 1kg Lamb
- 3 medium onions (finely sliced)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp jeeru / cumin seeds
- 4 small pieces of cinnamon sticks / taj
- 2 medium sized pieces of bay leaves
- 3 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves / lawing
- 4 pepper pods/ mari
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric / arad / haldi powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tsps ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander / dhana powder
- 1 tbsp cumin / jeera powder
- 2 tsps chilli powder
- 1 tsp tandoori powder
- 2 small -medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 tin tomato (grounded)
- 2 tbsps tomato puree
- 100g natural yogurt
- few strands of saffron (optional)
- few bullet chillies to garnish
- chopped coriander to garnish.
- Recite Bismillah
- In a pot, heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, pepper pods & cloves.Cook for few seconds
- Then add onions. Fry until the deep caramelisation stage, stirring every few minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, salt & black pepper. Mix well
- Then add meat & cook with the lid closed till tender.
- If needed add some boiling water to ensure the meat cooks.
- Then add coriander powder, cumin powder, chilli powder, tandoori powder, tomatoes, tin tomato, tomato puree, yogurt & saffron. Mix well.
- Cook on low heat till the tomatoes have dissolved & meat is tender (falling off the bone). Season with salt.
- Garnish with bullet chillies & chopped coriander.