- 2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 heaped tsp sugar
- 1tsp and a pinch of dry yeast
- 1 heaped tsp butter
- 1 cup water (you may need more depending on the consistency of the dough)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped or grated)
- 2 x tomato tins
- 1 tbsp tomato puree – optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 -1 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp green chillies – optional
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese -its a must!
- Mixed peppers
- Red onions
- Chicken (cubed, marinated & cooked in homemade marinade till tender) – Click to see homemade marinade recipe!
- Recite Bismillah
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, yeast, butter & water to make a sticky dough. We recommend making the dough in a a stand mixer. (You may need more water.)
- Then add olive oil & Knead.
- Cover with a bag & allow to rise for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce by adding olive oil, mixed herbs, red chilli flakes & garlic in a pot. Leave the ingredients to “marry” in the pot for 5 mins.
- Then turn on the heat & add onions. Cook till soft & transparent.
- Add in remaining ingredients & cook till thick on low heat for around 30 mins.
- Roll out dough to desired size bases.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Pre- bake your base for 5-7 mins. This will result in a base that holds on its own & is crispy on the outside & soft & airy on the inside.
- Spread sauce & add toppings. (leftover sauce can be frozen for next time)
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 180c
- Bake till lightly golden. Enjoy!