- 500g boneless chicken
- 1/2 large onion or 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsps oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp green chillies (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic
- 1 slice of bread – soaked in water ( a perfect chance to use up the crusty end slice of a loaf of a bread)
- 2 tsps gram flour
- A handful of chopped coriander
- A handful of chopped spring onions
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1 tomato tin
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp red chillies
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Sugar to taste
- 9 tbsps oil (use from the oil in which the koftas were fried in)
- 1/4 cup water
- Chopped coriander to garnish
- Recite Bismillah.
- Mince chicken with 1/2 an onion. Allow the water to drain, preferably overnight.
- Then squeeze the water out of the bread & add to the minced chicken.
- Add the remaining ingredients & combine well.
- Make balls & deep fry.
- In a pot add all the ingredients for the curry along with the koftas.
- Summer on low heat for a few minutes, till oil releases.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve with hot chapatis. Enjoy!