- 1 cup gram flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic
- 2 tbsps oil
- pinch of turmeric
- 4 tsps mustard seeds
- 4 tbsps oil
- chopped coriander
- Recite Bismillah
- In a bowl combine the ingredients & hand whisk till smooth without any lumps.
- Pour half the mixture into a non stick pot & cook on medium heat stirring continuously.
- When the mixture begins to peel off the sides immediately remove off the heat.
- Spread the mixture thinly on a table surface or upturned tray.
- Roll like a swiss roll & cut into small pieces. Arrange the pieces in a serving dish.
- Now do this with the remaining mixture. (Working with half the mixture is easier than working with the full mixture).
- Garnish with chopped coriander
- Prepare the wagaar by heating oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds & cook till they splutter.
- Now pour the wagaar over the khamri / paturi. Enjoy!
3 thoughts on “Khamri / Paturi”
Salaam does the surface not need to be oiled before spreading the mixture? Also approx how long do you have to keep mixing for? Jzkk