Recipe Credit: Fazila Bobat
- 500g boneless chicken (sliced)
- 1 cup buttermilk (click to see homemade buttermilk recipe)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic
- 6 tbsps kfc powder (we use the KFC chilli powder form draycott in Bolton)
- 1/2 cup Milk (if needed)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Coat chicken in KFC powder lightly
- Then dip the coated chicken in the left over buttermilk or milk (shake of excess milk)
- Re-dip the milk-coated chicken back into the kfc powder and make sure it sticks to the chicken by pressing the powder onto the chicken (this second dip will make your chicken crispy)
- Shallow fry on medium heat in a non stick pan till golden brown. (Don’t turn the chicken too quickly or else the coating will fall off)
- Serve in white rolls / brioche buns with condiments of your choice. Enjoy! (Check out our favourite concoction below)
Tip: A mix of Cholula hot sauce, Mayonnaise, ketchup, gherkins & chopped red onions goes well with this billy burger. Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to create your own tangy delicious sauce!