~Recipe Credit: Khadijah Apa Bobat ~
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour or strong white plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps. softened butter
- 1 small egg
- 10g dry yeast
- 1 tsp kalonji (black) seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a stand mixer add all the ingredients to make a soft dough. If you are kneading the dough by hand, knead for a good 10 mins till the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Cover the bowl & place in a warm place. (Preferably in a microwave or oven that is turned off).
- Allow to rise for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Roll into a circle or tear drop shape. (should be thicker than chapatti)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Cook each side until lightly browned. Brush with ghee. Enjoy!