- 10g dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups strong white bread flour / pizza flour
- 2 1/2 tsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 15g softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Beaten egg to brush on top
- Ghee / Butter to spread on top
- Recite Bismillah
- In a stand mixer mix all the ingredients for 5 minutes on medium speed. If mixing by hand knead the dough for 10 minutes .
- Allow to double in size for 1 1/2 hours. (For best results place in a closed place like the oven or microwave.
- Grease your hands with olive oil. Pat down & make round balls.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Allow to rise for an 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Brush on beaten egg.
- Bake till golden.
- Remove & spread ghee or butter on top.
Tip by Fazila: To speed up the rising process for the dough:
- Preheat oven to 100c.
- Once heated, turn it off.
- Wait 15 minutes.
- Place the dough inside & allow to rise for 30 minutes or till double in size.