Recipe credit: Umme~ Aa’ishah
- 500g boneless
- 300g potatoes (finely cubed)
- 2 cups green peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely cubed)
- 25g butter
- 2 tsps garlic paste
- Green chillies to taste
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala or to taste
- 2 tbsps tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup grounded tin tomato
- 1/2 cup water boiling water
- 5 tsp gravy powder
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- salt to taste (You may not need salt at all)
- Ready rolled Puff pastry (x2)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cook onions in butter till soft & transparent.
- Add chicken, potatoes, green chillies, garlic & grounded tomato, ketchup, green peppers, tandoori masala, salt & pepper. Cook on low heat for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile dissolve the gravy powder in water. Add to above mixture.
- Cook on low heat till the chicken & potatoes are tender. Season with salt & pepper if needed.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry into a oven proof dish.
- Pour the mixture over the pastry.
- Cover with another layer of puff pastry.
- Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake at 180c till golden. Enjoy!
Tip 1: You can also fill small pastries using this mixture which can be frozen & baked as needed.
Tip 2: leftover mixture can be frozen for next time.