Recipe credit: Umme~ Aa’ishah
- 250g boneless chicken (cubed)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 onion (cut into chunks)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup mixed peppers (finely diced) (or according to preference)
- 2 large potatoes (cubed)
- 2 cups milk
- 67g butter
- 1/3 cup / 43g plain flour
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken in garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, yogurt, & red chilli flakes for at least 1/2 an hour.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes till they are half cooked. ( about 7 mins)
- In a pot, soften onions & peppers in olive oil till transparent.
- In a separate pot cook the chicken till tender.
- In a oven proof dish combine the chicken & veg & potatoes.
- Make the white sauce by combing the milk, butter & flour. Stir continuously on medium heat till thick. Add mozzarella cheese & season with salt & pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken & veg.
- Sprinkle cheddar & mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake till cheese melts & slightly golden! Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!
5 thoughts on “Chicken Nimbali”
Do you cook the chicken in the olive oil?
Sorry, if updated it. The olive oil is for the onions x
Oh no saw this too late as it said to cook onions with butter
Aslaamalaikum, my cheese sauce wasnt saucy this time round. Any tips to prevent it next time
Www. What do you mean.. what happened x