Recipe credit: Umme~ Aa’ishah
- 250g boneless chicken (cubed)
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 onion (cut into chunks)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup mixed peppers (finely diced) (or according to preference)
- 2 large potatoes (cubed)
- 2 cups milk
- 67g butter
- 1/3 cup / 43g plain flour
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Recite Bismillah.
- Marinate chicken in garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, yogurt, & red chilli flakes for at least 1/2 an hour.
- Meanwhile boil the potatoes till they are half cooked. ( about 7 mins)
- In a pot, soften onions & peppers in olive oil till transparent.
- In a separate pot cook the chicken till tender.
- In a oven proof dish combine the chicken & veg.
- Make the white sauce by combing the milk, butter & flour. Stir continuously on medium heat till thick. Add mozzarella cheese & season with salt & pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken & veg.
- Sprinkle cheddar & mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake till cheese melts & slightly golden! Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy!