- 500g boneless chicken (cubed)
- 250g mushroom (chopped finely)
- Ready rolled puff pastry (x 2)
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- Knob of butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Green chillies to taste
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsps butter
- 3 level tbsps plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- Recite Bismillah
- Braise onions in butter until transparent.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, garlic, green chillies, salt & pepper. Cook on medium heat till water evaporates.
- Prepare the white sauce by braising butter & flour for 1-2 mins.
- Add milk.
- Stir the white sauce continuously using a whisk & bring to a boil. Cook till thick.
- Pour white sauce into the chicken & mushroom mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper etc if needed.
- Lay one sheet of puff pastry into a oven proof dish.
- Poke a few holes using a fork.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Bake till golden.
- Pour the mixture over the baked pastry.
- Cover with another layer of puff pastry.
- Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake at 180c till golden. Enjoy!
Tip 1: If you would like the pie to be more saucy add cream. (We prefer single cream)
Tip 2: If the mixture is too runny mix 3/4 tbsp of cornflour in less than a 1/4 cup of milk & then add to the mixture.
Tip 3: You can also fill small pastries using this mixture which can be frozen & baked as needed.