~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat~
An traditional Indian chicken curry / salan / lawan / tarkari our way!Mild on spices with a more tomato flavour & thinner consistency. Perfect for having it churelu- Which is also good for digestion! (Where you break the chappati up and mix in the curry)
- 1 chicken (cut according to preference)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ( 1/4 measuring tsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt (1/4 measuring tsp)
- 1 small piece cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 1 medium onion (finely sliced)
- 6 tbsps oil
- 1 1/ tsps ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder (3/4 measuring tsp)
- 1 tsp coriander powder (3/4 measuring tsp)
- Red chilli powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (half of 1/4 measuring tsp)
- 200 ml grounded tin tomato
- Fresh coriander (chopped)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cook chicken in the listed ingredients on low heat till its half cooked. (About 20 mins)
- Meanwhile fry onions in oil till pinkish in colour.
- Add spices & cook for few mins on low heat.
- Add the tomato & cook on low heat till oil releases.
- Once the oil starts to release cook on high heat for 1-2 mins.
- Add the chicken (without the water) & cook on low heat till it begins to sizzle.
- Then add the water (Strain through a sieve) from the chicken & cook on low heat till the chicken is fully cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander & serve with hot hot chapatis!