- 2 x 400g crustless bread (you may need more)
- 500g boneless chicken (finely cubed)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp green chillies (or to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 1/2 cup mixed peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 280g Philadelphia cheese
- Grated cheddar cheese to preference
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- Recite Bismillah.
- Cook the chicken in salt, pepper, garlic & green chillies till it is half cooked on low heat. (About 7 mins)
- Then add the sweetcorn & mixed pepper.
- Cook till on high heat till water evaporates.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the glue by mixing the flour with enough water to form a thick paste that is easy to spread. Set aside.
- Add the Philadelphia cheese & grated cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture & combine well.
- Remove the crusts of the slices of bread.
- Roll out the slices & cut them in half so that you have two rectangles.
- Apply glue around the edges of the bread.
- Place about a teaspoon of mixture in the centre.
- Fold in half & seal the edges by pressing them down firmly.
- Freeeze & fry as needed.
Tip 1: Do not throw away the crusts & thick slices of the loaf of breads. Turn them into bread crumbs by:
- Breaking them up on a baking tray
- Preheating oven to 150c.
- Drying them out in the oven for 30 mins.
- Then grinding them in a food processor!
Tip 2: When frying bread pillows from the freezer, allow to defrost completely before frying.