~Recipe Credit: Umme Aa’ishah~
- 500g Strawberries
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Juice of one big lime
- 1 sliced lime
- 2 tbsps grenadine
- 1 bottle sprite/ 7up (chilled)
- A handful of mint leaves to taste
- crushed ice
- Mint leaves/ strawberries/ lime for garnishing
- Recite Bismillah
- Wash & slice the strawberries.
- In a bowl mix the strawberries & sugar. Allow to sit for 1 hour. (This step allows the natural juices to release giving the mojito a stronger strawberry flavour)
- In a blender, Blend the strawberries, lime juice, mint leaves & grenadine till smooth.
- Fill the glasses or jug with the strawberry puree. Then add the lime slices, crushed ice & sprite / 7up. If you are filling glasses you will only need to fill about 1/4 of your glasses with puree.
- Garnish & enjoy!