- 1 cup coarse semolina
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 300 ml cream
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup sugar (to taste)
- 3 tbsps ghee
- 2 carrots (peeled & grated)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- desiccated coconut (optional)
- mixed nuts (chopped) (optional)
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a pot cook the semolina with the ghee till oil releases.
- Meanwhile in another pot make a ‘syrup’ by bring the milk, cream, cardamom powder & sugar to a boil. Do not over cook this or boil it for longer as this will make your soji very sticky & chewy. Set aside.
- Once the oil has released from the semolina add the carrots & cook for a 2-3 mins, stirring continuously.
- Add the syrup to the above mixture.
- Cook on low heat with a flat skillet underneath for 15 mins stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with mixed nuts & coconut! Enjoy!
One thought on “Soji (Semolina)”