- 250g butter NOT MARGARINE
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup corn flour
- 2 cups plain flour (may need more)
- Say Bismillah
- Preheat oven to 180 c
- Cream butter & icing sugar till light, white & fluffy! ( For a good 15 mins- we recommend using the stand mixer for this)
- Add flour & corn flour to make dough. Never add all the flour all at once. You may need less or you may need more!
- Pipe using a open star nozzle or a Wilton 1m nozzle & a strong piping bag. (Check out Mummy Bobat’s technique on our Instagram highlight under biscuits).
- Bake at 180 c for 10-15 mins till light brown.
- Dip the ends in chocolate 🙂
- Store in a air tight container.
- If they’re not holding their shape once baked, you need to add more flour!
- Yes they’re difficulty to pipe. You will either need a strong piping bag or pipe by hand.
- It should be a very very soft dough NOT a thick batter.
- You know the dough is ready when the bowl is clean on the sides & the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl.
Below are how the softies turned out with a 1m wilton nozzle & a piping bag: