- 250g butter
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tbsp soji (semolina)
- 1/2 tsp elachi
- 4-5 cups plain flour
- Almonds to decorate
- left over egg white to stick almonds
- Beat butter, oil, caster sugar till light and creamy.
- Fold in egg yolk.
- Then add baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, soji (semolina), elachi & enough flour to make dough Never add all the flour at once! You may need more or you may need less.
- Make small balls & place on greased baking tray.
- Brush the balls with egg white and press down almonds.
- Bake at 180c fan for 12 mins. Do not open oven door!
- Remove from baking tray & set to cool.
- Bake again at 100c for 20 mins again.