~Recipe Credit: Umm Aa’ishah~
- 1 mug boiling water
- 2 tbsps coffee
- 500g chocolate chip cookies of your choice homemade or store bought!
- 600ml double cream
- 2 tbsps icing sugar or condensed milk or to taste
- 125g butter (at room temperature)
- 6 tbsps sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Belgian chocolate chips / chunks (we use callebaut or Sainsbury Belgian chocolate)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour (you may need more or less)
- Recite Bismillah.
- Preheat oven to 180c. (skip to step 8 if you are using store bought cookies).
- Beat butter, vanilla, sugar & brown sugar till creamy.
- Beat in egg.
- Add chocolate chips, preferred choice of nuts, salt & enough flour to make a soft dough. Never add all the flour all at once. You may need less or you may even need more than stated.
- Place desired size ‘blobs'( not smoothed rolled balls) on a greased baking tray & bake at 180c for 10 minutes or till they come off the tray easily without sticking but are still soft.
- Allow to Cool completely before using in dessert.
- Whip double cream with icing sugar till it just starts to form soft peaks.
- Dissolve coffee with water & dip the cookies for 2-5 seconds (according to preference of crunchiness).
- In a dish of your choice place a layer of dipped biscuits in coffee.
- Cover biscuits with half of the cream.
- Place another layer of dipped biscuits & then spread the remaining cream on top.
- Dust with cocoa or grated chocolate or whatever you like! Chill for a few hours before serving. Enjoy!
TIp: If you are not a coffee lover, dip your biscuits in hot milk!