- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 114g butter (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 600ml whipped cream ( Before whipping add desired amount of icing sugar)
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) boiling water
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a pot bring water & butter to a boil.
- Add in flour & stir immediately & quickly till the mixture leaves the sides of the pot clean.
- Turn off heat. Cool slightly.
- Using an electric whisk beat in one egg at a time & vanilla essence till the dough has a velvety consistency.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Using a round nozzle pipe the dough into small buns on a greased tray. ( about 5cm in diameter)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lower the heat to 100c & remove the profiteroles from the oven.
- Cut the buns in half.
- Place them back in the oven till dry.
- Remove them from the oven & allow to cool.
- Prepare the coffee glaze by dissolving the instant coffee in water.
- Place the icing sugar in the bowl & gradually add the coffee. Stir till smooth. If the glaze is too smooth add icing sugar, if too thick add water.
- Fill the buns with whipped cream. (using a star nozzle)
- Dip the tops of the profiteroles in ganache & decorate as you wish. Enjoy!