- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 115 g butter (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla essence
- 600ml whipped cream ( Before whipping add desired amount of icing sugar)
- chopped strawberries
- 60z milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup double cream
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a pot bring water & butter to a boil.
- Add in flour & stir immediately & quickly till the mixture leaves the sides of the pot clean.
- Turn off heat. Cool slightly.
- Using an electric whisk beat in one egg at a time & vanilla essence till the dough has a velvety consistency.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Using a round nozzle pipe the dough into small buns on a greased tray. ( about 5cm in diameter)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lower the heat to 100c & remove the profiteroles from the oven.
- Cut the buns in half.
- Place them back in the oven till dry.
- Remove them from the oven & allow to cool.
- Prepare the ganache by placing water in a saucepan to boil.
- In a larger bowl that will fit on top of the saucepan & not sink in, break the chocolate into chunks.
- Lower the heat completely & place bowl over the saucepan. Let the chocolate melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour cream into a separate saucepan & bring to a simmer.
- Add cream to the melted chocolate & combine using a whisk.
- Cool slightly before using.
- Fill the buns with whipped cream (using a star nozzle) & chopped strawberries.
- Dip the tops of the profiteroles in ganache & decorate as you wish. Enjoy! (Left over ganache can be kept in the fridge for a few days & used when needed. All you need to do is heat it up in a saucepan!)