- 2 cooking apples (peeled & cubed)
- 1 tsp brown caster sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar to sprinkle on top of the crumble
- 113g golden caster sugar
- 23g plain flour
- 125ml water
- 15g butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6oz plain flour
- 4oz butter
- 4 tbsps sugar
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 2 cups milk
- 7 tsps sugar
- 2 tbsps custard powder
- Recite Bismillah
- In a pot simmer the apples with the sugar & water for 5 minutes until soft but not mushy!
- In another pot prepare the sauce by combining caster sugar, flour & water. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Stir continuously.
- Turn off heat & add in the butter, lemon juice & cinnamon.
- Combine the apples with the sauce & mix well. Place in a round 9″ oven proof dish.
- Prepare the crumble by combining all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub together to form bread crumb like crumbs.
- Lay the crumbs on top of the apples & sprinkle with sugar.
- Prepare the custard by placing all but 1/4 of the milk in a small saucepan on medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Mix the custard with the remaining milk in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Add the custard powder mix to the saucepan and whisk well to avoid lumps.
- Keep stirring until the custard has thickened and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 180c .
- Bake till golden.
- Serve with custard, double cream or vanilla ice cream.