A 30 minute recipe including the cleaning up!
Recipe credit: Abu Aa’ishah
- 600g Madeira cake / sponge cake / Swiss roll cake (or according to preference)
- 1 jar strawberry jam (optional)
- 800g strawberries
- 2-3 tbsps sugar
- 800g custard (we used ambrosia devan custard)
- 600ml double cream
- Recite Bismillah
- Cube or slice 500g of the strawberries.
- Add the sugar to the strawberries & set aside. This will help the juice from the fruit to release.
- In a separate bowl add the cream & sugar to taste. Mix by hand till you get the sweetness you want. Then whip till thick & creamy. It should not be fluffy. ( Add sugar before whipping up as you don’t want to add the sugar later & mix as this may over whip the cream).
- In a large trifle bowl lay slices of half the amount of cake.
- Spread jam on top of the cake layer (optional).
- Then place half the strawberries on top of the cake/jam.
- Next pour half the custard.
- Then pour half the whipped cream.
- Repeat these layers again.
- Decorate with the remaining strawberries & drizzle chocolate / grate chocolate. Allow to chill for a few hours. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe is for a large trifle bowl, if you are using a small trifle bowl you may want to half the quantities.