~Recipe Credit: Zah~
- 1/2 cup grounded amonds
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp coffee
- 2 egg whites
- 5 tbsps caster sugar
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup double cream
- Recite Bismillah
- Grind grounded almonds, icing sugar, cocoa & coffee in a electric chopper / grinder till fine.
- Then sieve into a bowl & set aside.
- In another large bowl whisk egg white on low speed till foamy.
- Gradually add the caster sugar & whisk on high speed till it forms soft peaks.
- Using a spatula fold in the dry ingredients till well combined. The mixture should not be too thick nor too runny.
- Pipe on to a tray lined with grease proof paper using a piping bag & round open nozzle.
- Tap the tray to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Let the tray sit at room temperature for an hour till it forms a skin on top.
- Preheat oven to 150c.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- For the ganache filling, place water in a saucepan to boil.
- In a larger bowl that will fit on top of the saucepan & not sink in,break the chocolate into chunks.
- Lower the heat completely & place bowl over the saucepan. Let the chocolate melt, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has melted, pour cream into a separate saucepan & bring to a simmer.
- Add cream to the melted chocolate & combine using a whisk.
- Allow to cool & then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Whisk using an electric whisk till fluffy!
- Refrigerate for a further 20 mins.
- Sandwich the macarons together using the ganache. Enjoy!
- Egg yolks can be frozen & used to glaze pies & pastries.