~Recipe Credit: Mummy Bobat & Fazila Bobat~
This will become your favourite recipe & the best bit is you don’t have to worry about how the decoration on the cake looks as it will melt when you warm it! The perfect chocolatey dessert or chocolate cake!
- 4 large eggs (preferably left at room temperature overnight / few hours)
- 180 g sugar (preferably caster sugar)
- 4 oz salted butter )
- 83 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 141 g plain flour (sifted)
- 25 g cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 8 oz butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsps boiling water
- flake chocolate
- Recite Bismillah.
- Preheat oven to 180c . (Ovens may vary from 160-180)
- Whisk eggs & sugar till white & fluffy. (We recommend taking out the stand mixer for this)
- Meanwhile boil butter & milk & set aside.
- Sift plain flour, cocoa powder & baking powder & set aside.
- Grease 2 x 8″ baking tins with a generous amount of butter, including the sides. Then sprinkle some self raising flour & shake & tilt the tin around so it is thinly coated with flour. Shake off any excess flour. Set aside.
- Add the milk mixture to the egg mixture along with vanilla essence. Work really fast from this stage & get the cake in the oven quickly so it has a nice rise.
- Fold in flour, cocoa powder & baking powder.
- Pour batter into baking trays.
- Bake at 180 c for 20-30 minutes or until done. You will know the cake is cooked when the sides have started to release from the pan & the middle is springy to touch. Do not rely a clean toothpick!
- Run a knife all around the sides of the pan, this will help release the cake from the pan.
- Remove the cake from pan by placing a tray on top of the cake. Flip the tin over so that the top of the cake with the tray is now facing down. Pat the back of the tin all around. The cake should release from the bottom. Lift the tin gently.
- Allow to cool, preferably on a cooling rack .
- Prepare the frosting by beating the butter till light & creamy. This may take a while. (we recommend using a stand mixer so your arms do not get tired).
- Gradually add in icing sugar, mix on high speed till fluffy and light in colour. (Add no more than a tbsp of milk if you find it is difficult to beat)
- In a separate bowl combine boiling water and cocoa till it makes a thick paste and add to butter cream. Beat well.
- Fill & frost your cake. Decorate with flake for an extra chocolatey experience.
- Warm a slice in the microwave for 20 seconds & serve with ice cream for the perfect warm dessert or serve as a chocolate cake.
- Remember us in your duas & enjoy!
- If you do not have a stand mixer, have all the ingredients weighed out & ready so all you are focusing on is the making the cake batter!