~Recipe Credit: Umm Aa’ishah~
- 250g chicken ( cubed / minced)
- 1 medium – small onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsps oil or as needed
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Green chillies to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- Pinch of tumeric
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mixed peppers (or according to preference)
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn (or according to preference)
- 350g tomato chilli pasta sauce (we use the Napolina brand)
- 100g tomato passata -optional
- 9 Lasagne sheets (may need more depending on your oven dish)
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Grated red leicester cheese (optional)
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Recite Bismillah.
- In a oven dish place a layer of uncooked Lasagne sheets with a drizzle of oil. Pour on boiling water & allow to soak till they become floppy. You do not need to cook them fully, they will cook in the oven. Allow them to drain in a colander. Keep repeating this on the side whilst you get on with the rest of your Lasagne. You can use the oven dish you are going to bake the Lasagne in to save you washing up!
- Braise onions in oil till transparent.
- Add the chicken, garlic, green chillies, red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, paprika powder, mixed herbs, salt & pepper. Cook on medium heat stirring continuously to avoid the minced chicken becoming lumpy.
- Once the water has evaporated, add the peppers, sweetcorn, pasta sauce & passata. Cook on low heat till oil releases. Season if needed.
- Meanwhile prepare the white sauce by adding butter, flour & milk to pot. Boil till slightly thick stirring continuously to prevent any lumps. Add cheese & season with salt & pepper.
- Grease an oven proof dish with some white sauce & minced chicken mixture.
- Now place a layer of Lasange sheets, followed by the minced chicken mixture & then some white sauce. Make another two layers in this way.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Bake for 40 mins or till cheese is golden. Remember us in your duas & Enjoy!