Recipe Credit: Umme Aa’ishah
- 8oz butter
- 8oz golden caster sugar
- 4 medium / large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsps coffee
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 8oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 85g walnuts (finely / roughly chopped according to preference)
- Recite Bismillah
- Preheat oven to 170c fan. (Ovens may vary from 160-180)
- Combine the water & coffee till smooth & lump free & set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat margarine/butter with sugar till light & creamy.
- Meanwhile sift flour in a bowl & set aside.
- Add in one egg at a time with a tbsp of flour to the mixture until well combined. Be careful not to over beat at this stage!
- Then add remaining flour, walnuts & mix.
- Finally fold in the baking powder & coffee.
- Divide mixture into two 8″ round greased pans & bake at 170c for 20 mins. You will know the cake is done when you press the centre & it springs back. Do not rely on the clean toothpick!
- Allow to cool & then fill & frost!