- 8oz magerine (at room temperature)
- 8oz sugar (preferably caster sugar)
- 4 medium/large eggs (at room temperature)
- 6oz self raising flour
- 2oz cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- Recite Bismillah
- Preheat oven to 180c fan. (Ovens may vary from 160-180)
- Sift flour & cocoa in a bowl together & set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat margarine/butter with sugar till light & creamy.
- Add in one egg at a time with a tbsp of the flour & cocoa to the mixture until well combined. Be careful not to over beat at this stage!
- Then add remaining flour & cocoa & mix.
- Finally fold in the baking powder.
- Spoon into cupcake cases and bake at 180c fan oven for 15-20 mins.
- Allow to cool & then frost! (see our frosting recipes)
Tip: If you think your batter looks very doughy like add a few tbsps of water.